Slip And Fall Premises Liability

Skillfully Advocating For Premises Liability Accident Victims

Property owners have an obligation to keep their premises safe. In New York City, for example, homeowners, landlords and businesses must clear walkways within four hours of a snowfall. If you suffered injuries from a slip-and-fall or another accident on someone else’s property, you need the help of the Law Office of Helene Mark.

Attorney Paul D. Gentile handles personal injury cases for the firm, including premises liability claims. He works with clients who have suffered lasting injuries and financial damages due to the negligence of property owners.

Slip-And-Falls And Other Premises Liability

Property owners can be responsible for falls and other injury accidents resulting from unsafe property conditions, such as:

  • Cracked or raised pavement
  • Slippery sidewalks (snow or black ice)
  • Slippery floors (spilled liquids, leaks, mopping/waxing)
  • Parking lot potholes
  • Dangerous staircases (broken steps or railings)
  • Broken lights or dim lighting
  • Inadequate security

Paul often inspects the accident site himself and will hire an expert to investigate, if necessary. This is crucial for gathering evidence before it disappears or is removed.

Did The Property Owner Fail In Their Duty?

Property owners are not automatically responsible for accidents or injuries that happen on their property. People are expected to watch where they’re going and use reasonable caution. The key to establishing liability is proving the property owner caused a dangerous condition or had notice of the dangerous condition and failed to take timely action to fix it or properly warn individuals of the hazard. For example, the owner should clear away fresh snow or ice accumulations after a storm or put out safety cones next to a puddle or freshly mopped floor.

Five-Star Client Reviews In Their Own Words

We prioritize your experience, and it shows in our reviews. Read through client testimonials below or call (646) 891-1329 today to start with a free consultation.

    "Ticket Dismissed!"
    Helene Mark was always on top of it every time the court gave me a new date for my traffic ticket I was fighting. She kept me updated because I would sometimes forget to ask. Highly recommend.
    - Joann D.
    "Outstanding Team"
    Helene Mark and her team are outstanding. They represented my son and won the case. We are very happy with the outcome and will definitely use them again without hesitation.
    - Sergey G.
    "Saved My License and Job"
    Professional and highly experienced. They handled multiple traffic violations for me and were very successful. My job requires a CDL license and they were able to successfully save my license.
    - Former Client
    "Genuinely the Best"
    Helene has genuinely been the best lawyer I’ve ever had. My expectations have been exceeded beyond compare and I am extremely grateful for her. Words cannot describe the relief I feel.
    - Oscar R.
    "An Excellent Team"
    Helene and her team hands down are great to work with. I called two hours before my case and they jumped into it right away. She was able to have both my tickets dismissed.
    - Former Client
    "She Saved My Livelihood"
    There are not enough words to describe how knowledgeable, professional, caring and wonderful this team is. She assured me that she would do her very best to resolve the situation in my favor. AND SHE DID!!
    - Abdelhak B.
    "Very Pleased"
    They took the burden off of me of having to deal with any of the NY court services. The staff has always been responsive when I’ve had to reach out. Thank you!
    - Ciro S.
    "Beyond Thrilled"
    Helene and her staff gave me complete confidence that my tickets would be handled and not to worry at all. I’m beyond thrilled with my choice to use her law office. My 2 tickets were dismissed.
    - Veronica W.

What Should You Do After An Accident?

The steps you take after any type of accident can strengthen your claim significantly. Try to follow this list:

  1. Seek medical attention immediately and follow up with treatment.
  2. Call the police and have them file an accident report.
  3. Take photographs of the accident scene and your injuries.
  4. Get the names and contact information of the property owner and any witnesses.
  5. Do not speak with an insurance company or give a recorded statement.
  6. Consult an attorney as early as possible to preserve evidence and preserve your rights.

If the accident took place in a municipal building or on government-owned land, you can sue the city or government entity. But you only have 90 days to submit a written notice of your claim, so it is crucial to act quickly.

Paul D. Gentile can help you with all these steps, shouldering the difficult processes so you can focus on your physical recovery. As a former district attorney, he knows how to navigate the legal system and is prepared to litigate your claim if needed.

Continue Reading Read Less

Contact Us Today

Get A Free Initial Consultation

Questions? Ready to get started? Call (646) 891-1329 or fill out the form below.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy
  • Your Case Matters

    You'll never be just a number to us. We prioritize your needs and will fight for the justice you deserve.

  • Over 30 Years of Traffic Defense

    With decades of experience, we've seen it all - and we know what it takes to win.

  • An Efficient Team

    Our dedicated team will walk you through the legal process, keeping you up to date at every step.

  • Personal Service

    We provide representation tailored to your specific needs, handling each case with care.